30 November 2011

{The Love of My Life: Espresso Brookies}

So there I was, spacing out in class... like usual, thinking about food and practically drooling....another daily occurrence. What would I bring to the volleyball banquet tonight? I was thinking just brownies or maybe those yummy snowball cookies. I asked my friend sitting beside me. "Oh! Oh! Oh! What about those chocolaty cookies your brought to lunch last year and the whole table gobbled them up so quick. Remember all the people crowded around the table?" She said laughing. The french teacher shot us some looks, so we shut up. Of coarse! Why didn't I think of those Brookies sooner! The best cooking, oh my goodness everyone loves them! I still get people asking me for the recipe and the last time I made them was last year. It was definitely time to get out the chocolate!
~
 Chocolaty pit of heaven..<3

Chocolate Espresso Cookies

{yielding around 3 dozen cookies}
2 cups (around 16 oz.) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 tablespoons of butter, softened
4 eggs                                 
1 cups of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup of all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon espresso
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler, stirring occasionally, until a smooth mixture forms. While chocolate and butter are melting, combine eggs, vanilla, and sugar in a large bowl and set aside.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and espresso. Beat chocolate and butter into the egg mixture until well combined. Gradually beat in flour, baking powder, and espresso until a smooth batter forms. Stir in chocolate chips.





Drop tablespoons of batter (I used a big ice cream scooper but filled it only half way) on to your parchment paper–lined cookie sheet. Give them a little space, because they will spread out a bit. Bake for 8–10 minutes, or until they’re firm on the outside.


(Note: Your batter will probably be slightly runny, but you can still easily scoop it up. I've found that if you leave it out for 15 minutes or so it gets a lot thicker; a good consistency)



 If you cook then too long (11-13 minutes) they will be hard :( and lose their chewyness (the best part!)
 Crispy edges, gooey inside, crackley melt-in-your-mouth top. What more could you ask for?
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment